Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

7.06.2005

May 27, 2005 – Who invited the flu to my party?

I had my Stampin’ Up workshop party today to celebrate the end of my chemo treatments. We made this cute little album with sunflowers and ladybugs on it. Of course only 2 of the friends I had invited showed up, most didn’t even respond. It’s funny how these things work out. Since being here, I have spent more time with my mother’s friends enjoying myself with these sassy Red Hatter's who are twice my age or more, than I have with people who are supposed to be my friends! But such is life I guess - everyone has more important stuff to do than to see a friend who just survived breast cancer. -BUT – On a brighter side, I received a care package from my sister Deb, her hubby Syd, and my nephew Jake in Hawaii containing several varieties of Hawaiian mac cookies, mac toffee popcorn, a lei hat band, a squishy aloha pillow, honey roasted mac nuts, chocolate covered mac nuts – even a candy lei for my daughter Natalie – but this is also the day that I got sick and threw up (only once) and spent the rest of the day feeling nauseous, as well as the whole Memorial weekend. In fact, I was still queasy when I went to the doctor’s appointments on both 5/31 & 6/1. Fun way to spend the weekend, but luckily, Natalie got better much faster than I. She was well by Sunday, but come Monday, my mother, and brother-in-law Rudy were sick, later to be followed by my other brother-in-law Danny, and my mother-in-law Maria. (Top picture from Stamp Party is; me, Joanna, Jan, & Melissa. The other picture is me in the Hawaiian Hat Band Lei that my sister sent me for my "pretty bald head" and Nat wearing her royal crown.)

No comments: