Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

7.04.2005

February 24, 2005 - Nothing like a Cancer scare to ease Menopause worries!

We woke up at the crack of dawn this morning so I could check into the hospital for my hysterectomy and biopsy. To be honest, I'm not really sure if either of us really slept. I've got my bag all packed for a couple days, and we flew my mom up here from Vegas again to stay with Nat and help out afterward. When I woke up after the surgery, I found they had removed the whole lump and some surrounding tissue - approx. 2 cm. For just having a hysterectomy, I was feeling great. I was up and walking laps around the ward so fast my hubby was telling me to slow down! Prior to the surgery I had experienced multiple gynecological problems. My pathology later revealed: Poly-Cystic Ovaries, Cysts, Fibroids, Adhesions, an enlarged Uterus, and Endometriosis. They blame my 4 miscarriages on these problems, but luckily, I did manage to have 1 child 5 yrs. ago - my little miracle. Conception happened all by itself, and I had a smooth pregnancy.

No comments: