Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

7.19.2005

July 19, 2005 – Just when you think you’re all alone, the UPS man comes.

Well I didn’t get much done today. Being the insomniac I am, I was up till 4 am last night, then I got up at 8 for a bit, before passing out again. Most of the day was a blur to me as I laid in bed fading in and out of sleep. I finally woke up sometime in the late afternoon and had to force myself to get up; otherwise I wasn’t going to be able to get anything done. As it was I only had a few hours left in the day to make some calls before the doctors’ offices close. First thing I did, was call my regular physician to get the results from my thyroid test. Since I hadn’t heard from them I assumed it was a good thing. Hypothyriodism runs in my family and I try to get mine checked yearly, and since I have been feeling depressed, I thought that could explain it since the two do run hand in hand. But to my surprise my results were all fine. They gave me my ranges and they were all perfectly well within the normal range. Wow, for once I am normal. So I continued down my list of calls. I am still seeking someone to help me with my depression, and once again I couldn’t get anyone to answer the phone. Well actually I take that back. I did get thru to one office and talked to a live person, but as my luck would have it, I found out that the doctor’s on vacation and not taking appointments until August 31st. Great! So what do crazy people do when their doctor is on vacation for a month? I can’t believe this. Why do I always have so many problems finding doctors to treat me? Is it like this for everyone else? Why can’t I just for once have a nice simple life, almost like the one I had back in Elko at maybe the end of November when we were getting all moved in right before my life got so complicated and started going downhill? But Ruben and I knew this was going to happen – well not exactly this, but we’ve figured it out that for some reason on odd years we just have bad luck, bad things happen to us or our families that usually involves miscarriages and/or cancer. So once again, another day went by and no appointment set up to get help. I’m running out of time here quickly. I have so much to do, and so little time to do it in. Tomorrow I meet w/ a general surgeon to see about having my port removed, so I’m sure I will be in the hospital one day next week for that – which I am not looking forward to at all, and I'm still seeing the lymphedema therapist weekly.

Now on to the good stuff. While I may have lacked what you would call caring gestures from some of my friends here, Tammy and Louise are still very hard at work trying to send me cheer. This is something that just astounds me, as I hardly know these women. Yet they have so caringly and warmly try their hardest to cheer me up in the most adorable ways. It must be the Elko way, little town, big hearts. People there actually know how to treat people. Because today I get a package from the UPS man that this time says it’s from Tammy, and it’s addressed to us Navarro “Girls”, so right away Natalie is excited cause she thinks it’s got to have something in there for her. So I open it up to find another little note from Tammy & her mom Louise saying it’s tea party time. They sent a tea party set, kool-aid mix, place cards for me, Natalie, Grandma & Lexie too (that had these cute little animal stickers on them! - it's all in the details!), animal cracker cookies to have with the tea of course, doggie biscuits for Lexie, a Barbie table cloth, napkins, and a bubble blowing kit for Natalie to have a little fun with. It’s nice to know that when you are on the edge of breaking down, there is someone there to save you. Every time I think I get close to losing my sanity, Tammy & Louise come to my rescue and somehow manage to put a smile back on my face. Thank you Tammy & Louise, I really can not thank you enough!
Boy I can’t wait to get home again, where people are nice, there’s no traffic, and people actually stop for pedestrians instead of try to run them over.

No comments: