Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

7.04.2005

March 8, 2005 - A male doctor is incapable of understanding the female body!

Once again, up at the crack of dawn. I know this time I didn't sleep. Would you sleep if you knew your boob was being cut off? I check into the hospital for a mastectomy on my right breast, thing is I didn't know till I woke up that the doctors were doing a radical mastectomy. A radical mastectomy includes taking the entire breast (nipple included), lymph nodes, and a layer of my chest wall. I woke up in excruciating pain. Demurral did nothing for the pain and I cried for 3 hours straight while they tried to reach my doctor to change meds. Once they switched me to a morphine drip, my pain was finally under control. I felt like I had the crap kicked and stomped out of me. My whole chest was more than tender, my ribs on the side hurt, my back even hurt. I spent 2 days in the hospital in the worst pain of my life. On the 2nd day a student nurse came in and nailed me on the chest with a stethoscope. I just about jumped out of bed screaming. And if that weren't enough, the assistant surgeon came in after and he was just an ass. Before he touched me, I made a comment about being careful because I was in pain, and he said something to the effect of bucking up, getting off the pain meds, and getting out of the hospital because there's no reason for me to be in pain anymore. I looked at my husband and I said I don't know how many breasts this man has had removed from his body, but he has no right telling me how I feel. The next morning, bright and early at 7 am, the same jerk came in and woke me to discharge me. He made it apparent that he wanted me out. I took my sweet ass time getting ready and stayed till noon.

No comments: