Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

8.04.2008

It's Hot, I'm Tired and I'm Cranky

It seems over the last month our upstairs a/c unit has been getting worse. First we tried going through the warranty company - but they kicked it back saying it's all pre-existing conditions.......well duh, we did buy our house this way! I can't help if they used a unit that was too small for the amount of square feet we have....and the way they designed the duct work was out of my control!

So today before I left for radiation, a provider for Home Depot came over to check things out. He agreed with some of the items the warranty contracted company wrote up - however he informed us that our unit is of the correct size, and there is something wrong with it - most likely the compressor. He wrote up an estimate of $7,100 to replace the unit and repair all the duct work or other issues found. Still I think $7,100 quite a large sum for only a 2 1/2 ton 13 seer unit! Needless to say my HD CC does not have a limit quite that high - and I'm not sure if I want to touch the HELOC or dip into our savings. We might be able to repair the unit with a new compressor - but first I need to figure out the best financial approach to this problem. Till I do, and we get it fixed or replaced it will remain only cool upstairs instead of COLD.

After radiation I went to the grocery store and stocked up on fruit, fish and yogurt. I'm fighting a big freaken headache right now cause I've DRASTICALLY cut back on caffeine. I've only had ONE soda today. Trying to cut out those empty calories and eat healthy. My day consists of small snack every 2-3 hours and LOTS of water. I feel so bloated, and I'm pissing like a pregnant woman. My bladder was not meant to hold 8 glasses of water!

1 comment:

LoraLoo said...

Are you holding out on the diet soda? Some people just don't ever get used to the taste, I hear ya, but just sayin'. Not that I want to encourage a level of caffeine that I'm at...LOL

Air conditioning units 'n such are ridiculous in price. My inlaws replaced one of theirs last summer and it was somewhere around 15k for JUST THE UNIT AND INSTALLATION (ok so it needed a crane for installation, but damn). Hope that works out for you.