Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

1.09.2008

Whatcha Doing?

With this writer's strike seriously screwing up Fall TV, what are you doing in the meantime?

I'm picking up some new shows that I usually watch in the off-season like Psych - but Burn Notice won't be back till summer, so in the meantime I'm TRYING the teen-ish dramedy One Tree Hill, but I'm over looking the fact that K-Fed will be on it. Don't get me started on that loser. I'm no Britney fan, but he's obviously all about the money. I'm also all over the new Rock of Love 2, though I think Bret shoulda just went with Heather instead of Jess in the first place and he wouldn't be doing another show! And let's not forget Scott Baio, now that he finally got married and had a child, it should be interesting to see what develops. I'm also so glad that Medium finally came back. I was worried that it had been dropped. Oh, and being a BIG SATC fan, I'm picking up Lipstick Jungle when it premieres in February, and Cashmere Mafia for now. I'm wondering how they will compare. But in any case I cannot wait till this whole strike comes to an end. Yes I think they deserve more money, but at the same time they have to understand that not only are they putting actors out, but what about sound and light techs, the people who change backgrounds, makeup and wardrobe people. This crap has gone so far it's ruined the Golden Globes. Not that I watch the Globes, but the strike has hit Hollywood hard and it's being said that for the Globes, the loss of business is costing Hollywood like 80 million dollars. I can't even fathom something like that. If it wasn't for it being Hollywood, an amount that big would likely close stores and leave everyone unemployed.

We were fortunate here in New Orleans that a lot of UH fans came out for the SugarBowl and bought up all the souvenirs they could find - Georgia fans drove here and didn't buy shit. The French Market certainly needed the boost they got from UH fans.

Oh, and let's talk resolutions for a second. Did you make any? What were they?
Me? Well my resolution is to scrap more, drink less soda, get on the treadmill more often, and spend less/save more. I hate the word resolution, so I think of them more as daily goals - it has a much nicer ring to it, and that way it's not about succeeding or failing - it's all about living.

Almost forgot - get this I broke my toe by doing nothing at all! Actually I re-broke it I guess. Back in '02 I had my friend Joanna's stair climber, and one morning while getting ready for work in the wee hours of the mourn (about 4 am!) I was getting ready in the dark and went to get my shoes and stubbed my right foot (toe next to the pinkie) on the framing. By time I made it to work most of my foot was black and purple. The toe never seemed to heal correctly, as I was left with this lump on the bottom. The lump is still there, and now it is way more tender than it has been in the past, but I noticed it's also bruised and I don't know how it was injured this time. Weird huh? It's not even like I am a clumsy type of person. But I'm going to try to make sure that this doesn't keep me off the treadmill - I'm sure the walking will be fine, it's the shoes that worry me!

No comments: