Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

6.24.2008

Still Alive

Just thought I'd check in and let you know I'm still alive, just barely able to stay awake! It seems that Radiation is really taking a toll on me. I am always so exhausted - and I've only been through 6 treatments, which means I still have 29 left to go!!! Not helping matters is my damn knee, though it is finally healing (I think.) I'm still hobbling around on a cane - and sometimes it feels ok, and other times I hear it loudly POP then start hurting like hell all over again. It may not be broken, but something is definitely wrong with it!
I went to Sam's over the weekend and bought a super-sized bottle of Glucosamine, Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D and some SAM-e from Walgreen's to help the health of my joints. Hopefully it's never too late to start a regimen, though I think it's pretty safe to say that some damage has already been done. I say that cause my last few bone scans have shown a loss in my bone density. Not a big one, but a gradual loss two years in a row. My biggest problem is taking these huge horse pills. I hate it. I hate taking more pills than I have to, but especially hate taking large ones. They are the ones that seem to upset my stomach the most. No big problems or anything, just a belly ache like you have a stomach full of huge pills. Maybe if I go have a snack it will help some. I'm trying to figure out when is the best time of day to consume them - so far I've tried morning, noon and night and none seem to be the right time, so maybe I should try splitting them up instead of taking them all at once. Any suggestions, cause I really don't want to be some hunched over little lady with weak bones - but man I really, really hate taking supplements!

So on to other things.....have any of you seen the 2nd season for The Two Coreys on A&E. I know there are probably only about 10 viewers besides myself out there. There is a whole lot of speculation going on, as a bombshell was dropped on the first episode that Haim was molested or raped by a friend of Feldman's - who claims that he was also being molested by another person around the same time. It sounds like these two did it all together - molestation, drugs, movies. The blogs are on fire thinking that Michael Jackson had something to do with one, if not both cases - but no names were given as to who did what. I'm wondering if it will come out now that it is national news, or if they will keep the secret for another 20+ years. Yeah I know it's pathetic of me to watch - but what can I say, I had such a crush on Haim as a teenager. In fact I think I still do though he's seen better (and far worse) days! I guess some girls never get over there first celeb crushes =) Besides I still hold hope that he will make a comeback. I may be the only one, but look at Robert Downey Jr. and what he's been through - and now he's back bigger than aver after Iron Man. People make mistakes, it's only human. Everyone deserves a second chance. So I guess that means I root for the underdog, ah well, someone has to!

Well today after treatment I should meet with the doc. Supposedly I will see him once a week through-out treatment. Unfortunately Ruben won't be able to make it to the appoinment cause he left this morning to do some work out of town. I'm not really sure where he went - Shreveport, Gulfport, Baton Rouge....I'm not sure. He tells me these things when I'm half asleep, so I don't ever remember. But I'm hoping to find out what exactly the doctor saw on my scans, and maybe get some answers regarding my treatment and what medication I should be taking if any. I'll keep you posted on what I find out!

1 comment:

LoraLoo said...

I know that sometimes taking supplements together isn't a good thing, they can actually counteract each other. Do you have a GNC or another vitamin store down there? I've found they can be a huge wealth of information even if you're not buying there.

Try taking them AFTER meals if you're not already. Something in there to help digest them can make it a lot more comfortable (even if it's just a few crackers or a piece of bread). Personally I get a horrible stomach ache if I try to take vitamins or supplements on an empty stomach.

I am a big fan of Robert Downey Jr., so I agree people deserve another chance if they're really trying. I was so excited to see him do Ironman.

Wishing you a good week!