Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

1.14.2009

PC Problems

My computer has been acting weird lately and I fear it's on a downward spiral that will eventually lead to having to buy a new notebook. I've gotten that dreaded blue screen a few times and I'm not really sure what caused it. Plus I often get these error messages that will take me from whatever page I'm looking at to a blank white page, and I honestly can't tell you what either the message or white page says but if I go "back" the page loads fine - and then other times when I visit a page my computer freezes up and stops responding. Of course all those problems are happening in AOL. I'm no computer expert, so I haven't the slightest clue. I checked my log and supposedly I defrag every Wednesday morning. Maybe half the problem is just AOL. I don't know, but it's irritating me! Ruben knows quite a bit about computers - he builds all of our desktops - yet he doesn't have the time to sit around and diagnose a problem and repair them cause he spends too much time working lately, even when he's home he's often on the phone or Blackberry taking care of stuff because of the time difference between here and Nevada....not to mention in his job he's basically on 24/7 - and that's even when he's on vacation or takes days off to take me to appointments. The last time my notebook was acting up I think I fixed it by removing some music I downloaded. It was all I could come up with as to why it was fine one day and windows popping up the next - but I haven't downloaded anything recently that I know of. Even a McAfee scan doesn't detect anything. Maybe it's just ancient. After all it is more than 2 years old. Then again maybe it's just the user. Who knows. So it looks like today I will be trying to figure out what's wrong with it. Wish me luck that I don't end up making matters worse. LOL.

1 comment:

LoraLoo said...

Sounds more like a software/operating system problem than a hardware issue. Although the BSOD (blue screen of death) could signify a hard drive issue. Two years old for a laptop isn't all that bad unless you way under-purchased it (which I doubt). Does the laptop have an image partition or did it come with your operating system software? Ruben will understand that if you don't. I'd try that first.

Oh, and get RID of the AOL! It's seriously such crap... I torture users who try to use that on my network (try being the operative word). :)