Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

8.31.2005

August 31, 2005 - School's in Session!

Natalie started school for the first time on the 29th. Now that school is in session, I'm having to learn how balance everything all over again. Most of the morning's spent feeding her and getting her ready for school. Once I drop her off I only have 2 hours and 45 minutes until I have to go back and pick her up, which doesn't allow me a whole lot of time to do much of anything. But despite the new hectic schedule, she is adapting well. She is very excited to be going to school and has handled her first few days exceptionally well. Not once has she cried when dropping her off, not even when the other kids in her class did. Instead on the first day I was the one doing the crying! But I am slowly adapting as well.
I found this poem at a local scrap store that is perfect for her 1st day:

We went to school today,
my little girl and I.

I worried all through breakfast,
afraid that she might cry.

I watched her walk away with pride
and I was quite alone,

The tears I thought would surely be hers,
are indeed my very own!

No comments: