Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

1.23.2006

January 23, 2006 - What's with this funk?

I have been in this funk for quite some time now. I had seriously hoped for a new year with new beginnings. But here it is 3 days away from my birthday, and I'm still down right in a funky mood! Maybe it's the thought of turning 32, or maybe it's that a year ago on that day I found a lump in my breast and I'm scared of a repeat. I don't really know what my problem is. But my mood has turned somewhat nasty, and I blame no one but myself. For some reason unknown to me, I am not happy anymore and I don't get it because at one point I was a happy person - or at least I thought I somewhat was. Maybe it's because my washer crapped out on me, and it cost me over a grand to buy a new washer and dryer set! Or maybe it's just because I felt almost certain that this was going to be a better year for me and so far it has yet to be one. That alone is cerain. For reasons unknown t0 me, I feel more depressed than ever before. Hopefully it's just a reminder of years past. But yet the question remains, how do I get out of this funk At first, I thought a little retail therapy would do the trick, but it only cheered me up for the moment. Then I thought maybe I beeded a little color in my life, and added some funky burgandy to my hair, and while Ruben and I love the new look, it still didn't quite do the trick. I'm running out of ideas, and I have absolutely NO ONE here to talk to about any of this! My hubby thinks that it is some of the meds I am on, but I disagree and think that I am not on the right combo of meds. I am beginning to think maybe I'm somewhat bi-polar, although I can't seem to remember my last really good day - and to be honest, I think I have felt this way before most of the meds even started. So HOW (!) do I get out of this funk? I need help turning that frown up-side down!

1 comment:

anybody said...

I have a history of falling into bouts of depression, weird funks, the blahs, etc. Here is what helps me.

I choose something new to learn or focus on. Over the years, I've taken up gardening, playing the piano, ice skating, skiing, reading, jogging, cycling, swimming, cooking, working, cleaning, painting, writing, speaking French, flying, volunteering at my kids' school and with scouts, going back to school, blogging. . . I think that I feel worst when it doesn't seem like I have something new to focus on. I continue to do some of these things, while others remain on the back burner.

No matter what you do Angi, take care of yourself! Don't be afraid to find a good counselor to talk with if it gets worse.

Hugs. More hugs. :)