Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

6.10.2007

In Loving Memory

Today would have been my Mom's 61st birthday if she had not passed away last July from Liver Failer/Chirrosis. Words cannot even describe how I have felt today, but I do know one thing for sure. I do miss her so much. I took for granted so many things in our lives, and now there is no going back, ever. Sure I am still angry with her for some of the things she had done because I didn't agree with them, and I wish to God I would've spoken up in a non-conflicting way then while I had the chance. Just add it to the many other things I wish I would have said when I had the chance. I believe that there are some things that you do not have to say ALL the time, as long as you SHOW it - such as love. But you should always take time to tell someone how much you care about them, appreciate them, respect them, or even that you're sorry, and so much more as often as possible. People need to hear these little things everyday, it boosts our confidence and give us that little pick me up we all need. So today there is so much I could be saying to my Mom, but I believe that she already knows, she hears my daily cries, so today all I have to say is Happy Birthday Mom. I love and miss you dearly!



As a tribute for her birthday, Natalie and I stopped by Michael's yesterday afternoon where we bought a mosaic Inspirations Stepping Stone Kit to make in mom's honor for her birthday. The picture shown is just a stock photo of the kit, but I will be sure to take a few when it's dry. We are actually going to do 2 as we had one of those Handprint Stones that is heart shaped but as a baby, I never could get Natalie to be still enough to put her hand in cement just for an imprint. So now we are going to use the kit and the extra mosaic stones I purchased and make it all pretty and use the stamps from the Inspiration kit and stamp her name in it. Let's just hope these turn out right and not two lumps of cement that look like turds with M&M's in it. As this is supposed to be a tribute and all, so please cross your fingers that they turn out looking beautifully! I can't wait till they are fully cast, so that I can take some pictures for you all!

2 comments:

EmmaL said...

I stumbled upon your blog as I was looking for other breast cancer survivors. I am 30 and survied breast cancer last year (during my first year of sobriety). I am having a difficult time these days. Your post moved me - reminded me to appreciate the little things, not to take my life for granted. My life is a gift - God saved me twice in one year. Thank you for the reminder!

LoraLoo said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom.

You're post pretty much says it all - appreciate everyone you have.