Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

12.05.2007

I can feel it coming on

The temperature around here finally dropped for at least a few days in a row. The high will be close to 80 again on Friday, like it was last week. Yesterday I woke up to 42 degrees. This morning wasn't much better. This has been like the 3rd time the heat has been on "this" winter. Now here I am, the countdown is on for surgery on Monday, and I have a slight tickle in my throat and a bit of a cough. It's bad enough I'm all stuffed up, and I can feel it in my head when I bend over. I didn't get my Flu shot like I should have (I usually get one every year). I'm going to have to make it a point to get there before they close sometime this week - and somehow I need to find a way to talk my daughter into going with me and getting the shot as well. She's not too keen on shots, but with all the germs at school and a parent that cannot afford to get the flu, it's kinda important. Ruben however is an absolute NO! He refuses to get the shot, and there is no talking him into it. I doubt if sexual favors would even get him to do it! But anyway, with all the running around I've been doing, it certainly feels as if a cold is coming on. Being worn out no doubt helped this cold incubate. But if I am to get there before they close, AND bring Natalie along, I will have to pull her out of school about 30 minutes early. Maybe I can bribe her with an early Christmas present - one she doesn't know about yet.

Have you gotten your Flu shot yet? Do you plan on getting one? Do you get one every year?

I'm not usually a germ-a-phobe, it's just with all these surgeries, healing, and cancer remission, it's important that I protect myself as much as I can. So this ought to be fun. You know I just love needles so much, although a shot is nothing compared to an IV. Let's just hope that I haven't already been exposed.

No comments: