Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

4.21.2007

Cherry Chocolate Mousse?

If you know me then you know I'm always one to be doing something funky with my hair - like the time in 2004 I was getting ready to quit my job to become a stay at home mom. For some reason, I had always had this desire to have either purple or blue hair, so 2 weeks before my last day at work, I went and had purple - and by purple I mean eggplant purple highlights put in my blonde and brown hair. The purple highlights had replaced the red highlights I would get. My hair has always been an array of colors. By birth I am a blonde, and not a pretty blonde color either - that dirty dark, bland blonde, yuck! So since I have never cared for my dull natural color I always colored or highlight my hair. When I lived in Vegas I had an awesome stylist Hope (whom I miss terribly). Getting my hair done was mt one guilty pleasure in life, I didn't care that it cost $160 to cut and highlight it because she made it look so good. She would take sections and alternate between them which ones would be bleached, which ones stayed natural, and which ones were dyed red. I always loved the effect. But now that I live here and my hair is still growing and not quite at a length where I want to cut it yet, I haven't bothered to find a new stylist. So for now I have been experimenting and doing my own dye/highlighting jobs. Nothing special just stuff I buy at Walmart or wherever, although I really should go to Sally's. Anyway, this time I bought this color that's a very rich brownish-red. So far I love the base color, even though it's pretty dark for summer. Now I just have to see what it looks like with the highlights which I am about to go do soon. I hope it turns out good, cause like I said, so far I am really digging this color - and this is probably what will turn up on my driver's license picture! Maybe I'll post a picture when I'm done.
Oh, you know what else I really love? When lurkers come out! My friend and old boss from Anchor, Joy looked me on my MySpace account and sent me an email. It was great to hear from her. She has some of the cutest little kids. I can't get over how much they have grown! When I started working with her my daughter was just 6 months old - where has the time gone?

No comments: