Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

12.12.2005

December 12, 2005 - Here it is, that time of year again!

With all the recent trips back and forth to Vegas, I nearly forgot that Christmas is right around the corner and I have yet to get the cards and pictures ready, let alone wrap a single present.
We spent the weekend down in Vegas having my stitches removed. The plastic surgeon said things look good and scheduled me to come back in February.....not sure why though, as I can't have the surgery done till around June. While there, we spent a lot of time holiday shopping, and finally took our annual Christmas picture. We came home late last night to another FREEZING house, but luckily NO snow this time. YAY! This winter has been much milder than the last.
I've spent much of today writing out holiday cards, printing pictures, letters, and labels. I can already tell this Christmas will definately be a lot more stressful than previous ones. I find it odd how I feel way more busy, stressed, and worn out now that I am a stay at home mom than I did when I worked last year. Guess it's all the doctor's appointments and traveling back and forth.
Speaking of doctor appointments, last week I had to take my poor dog Lexie to the vet. Guess after the last trip to Vegas, she somehow developed pink eye. Poor thing had goop coming out of her eyes about 7 times a day, and her eyes were so red and irritated that she looked pathetic! And here $85 dollars later she's still not looking much better. She's on antibiotic pills twice a day for a week, eye ointment 3 times a day till gone, plus she had a flourescent eye exam and an allergy/ steriod shot.
As I sit here and look at the stack of mail (both mine and my parents) that I have to go through, bills that need to be paid, the 2 bags that need to be unpacked, the laundry that needs to be done, and thinking about all the presents that need to be wrapped, it's no wonder why I feel as overwhelmed as I do! Yet for some reason I just can't seem to get myself motivated to do any of it. Guess it's because I don't know where to start. The only thing I have decided thus far is that I am ordering pizza for dinner!
Guess you could say I'm not much in the holiday spirit this year and maybe that is why I am having such a hard time getting things done. I feel a bit depressed again. My parents have moved to Mexico, my tissue expander had to be removed which in itself reminds me of the orignal mastectomy....almost like a loss of another child and having to start over again. I'm quite upset and disappointed about having to wait till next year to go through reconstruction again. Not to mention a lot of stupid things running through my head, like should I shave my head again because I'm not happy with the way my hair has been growing in? Why doesn't Dr. Grey and Dr. Shepard get back together again on Grey's Anatomy? Why did Nick and Jessica have to announce their split after Thanksgiving? These 3 thoughts and many others plagued me much of last night, leaving me with a horrible case of insomnia.
Yet despite all the things I should be doing, I sit here and blog and bitch about all my worries and troubles! Guess I should get up and start some projects before the hubby comes home and I have even more things to do!

1 comment:

LoraLoo said...

You have every reason to have the "blahs" - so I'll be positive for you for just a minute. You're still here with us; you're a fabulous Mom, wife, daughter, friend. You have a great husband you loves you dearly and a beautiful daughter who thinks the world of you. We're all so glad you're here to celebrate another holiday season, despite the hard, hard year you've had. 2006 is going to be a great year, I just know it.