Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

8.15.2007

Back to School

Yup, it's an early day for me, the beginning of many. I don't know how I'm going to do it when I can't even get a handle on this insomnia. I'm so sleep deprived, I think I may need to take a nap. It's going to take at least a week to get back into this routine. Summer went by so fast! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Natalie is back in school. It gives me some quiet time around here to get things done. She's excited as well. We took her to school for her first day, so we could meet her teacher, drop off supplies, and verify things. Natalie was excited to find out that several of her previous classmates were in her new class. I'm glad she'll have that comfort of familiarity in her new surroundings. All in all, this morning went off without a hitch. I'm sure come 4:00 she'll have so much to tell me, she won't be able to contain herself.

Yesterday I had another follow up appointment with my plastic surgeon. While my wound is looking nice, it seems that he won't be sewing it closed anytime soon. He told me he wanted to wait 2 weeks before seeing me again. In the meantime we're to continue cleaning it with saline, applying the green ointment, and packing it with gauze so that it will keep draining. All this was fine and dandy until about 3:00 this morning when I noticed a big wet spot on my shirt. Sure enough I leaked right through it all. Beings the middle of the night I didn't want to awake Ruben to change the dressings, so I took matters into my own hands. Much to my dismay I learned that it was not an easy task by any means. I think I used half a roll of tape just to hold the bandage in place. So here I am, another two weeks with this big, nasty hole in me.

Till next time - Be safe out there!

No comments: