Flickr Pictures

ScrapAddict74. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

8.21.2006

What to do in the meantime

Well it's officially been one month since my mother passed. I am somewhat homeless. Although our house in No. Nevada has not been sold yet, all of our belongings have been packed and moved to storage. Ruben is living out of a hotel in Louisiana, while I remain here in Las Vegas at my MIL with my kids. I really wasn't sure that I would be here this long, so it appears that first thing in the morning I will have to go register Natalie in school here - even though we should be ready to move within the next 2 months (I HOPE!) I don't really care for the school systems here in Nevada, but it's not like I can do much about it at this time. My dad took off for Mexico already. He left last weekend, same as my husband. He came down before heading to LA, and I got to spend 1 whole day with him. I was hoping for more time, but since his flight had to be cancelled due to last weeks National crisis in which they raised terrorist alert and heightened security, he had to drive the 1700 miles to New Orleans. But as a treat for him, I bought him new chrome rims and tires, and he bought me a new iPod as he wanted my old one for the trip. I've been trying to stay away from any of the scrap stores in town, because the more I look, the more I buy, and the more I buy, the more I want to scrap. So earlier this evening I did a little digi-scrapping. This is a first for me, so I hope the LO's don't look too awful. Yeah, I know, 3 in 1 day - but I needed the distraction to keep my mind off my mom.

No comments: